Dear colleagues and fellow library lovers,
This year’s tour will take us from the fjords of Oslo in Norway, along the west coast of Sweden until we’ll arrive in Aarhus, Denmark, right in time for Next Library conference and the opening of Dokk1. Along the way we will be visiting academic, public and special libraries and discussing library issues.
Founded in 2011, the Cycling for libraries is an international cycling conference for librarians and library lovers. It aims to advocate libraries and increase awareness of the valuable services and resources that libraries offer to the community. You can read more about the project here: What is Cycling for libraries.
Tour in brief
- Number of participants : 100 maximum
- Number of days : 10 (with additional days at the start and finish for those who want to)
- Number of kilometers : around 600 km
- Fee: 300€ for the whole tour, 150€ for one leg )Norway or Sweden or Denmark)*
The fee includes basic accommodation, breakfast & lunch as well as transportation of luggage
- Registration between April 1st and May 15th
- Next library conference: 12-15 September
*You can participate for one day free of charge (no food or accomodation included)