CYCLING FOR LIBRARIES is a joint sports event and an unconference. It is also a library marketing venture which will be featured in many ways in the media as well as IRL. We are sure you would love to be part of this exciting project. In exchange, you will get plenty of visibility before, during and after the tour.
We offer exposure on the web and visibility IRL in the form of company name and logo inclusion, company presentation, video clips and photos from the tour showing signage and banners, as well as listing in articles and seminars etc.
Benefits of supporting Cycling For Libraries
By supporting the Cycling for Libraries event you will be able to reach out to the European library community. Apart from being a combined sports event and professional library congress, the tour is also an international library marketing venture offering lots of visibility before, during and after the tour itself, both IRL and online.
In 2012, the tour of about 500 kilometres from Vilnius, Lithuania to Tallinn, Estonia – and from there up to Helsinki will be advertised online and at local and national library seminars and conferences in Baltic states.
Companies supporting the Cycling for Libraries tour will get exposure on the Cycling for libraries website as well as social media such as Facebook. The maintenance cars can carry the sponsor banners and signage. The Finnish Library Channel (Kirjastokaista) documented the first Cycling for libraries tour from Copenhagen to Berlin and the widely shown film can be viewed free of charge at Kirjastokaista website. In 2012, we are focusing more on library related content and, therefore, we will be streaming the presentations and discussions which can easily be participated from anywhere in the world.
The supporters are guaranteed visibility from the spring 2012 to Autust 2012 – and beyond. The end of the tour will coincide with the World Library and Information Congress IFLA 2012 in Helsinki. Therefore, Cycling for libraries will be seen also in Helsinki during the IFLA congress.
Right now, our fundraising target is about 30.000 euros would cover some technical equipment, including satellite Internet access system and navigating equipments for cyclists, and vehicles. These will form approximately 30% of the expenses but they are immensely important to the success of the trip.
The tour is strictly non-profit, and fundraising starts from scratch.
Apart from monetary sponsorship, support in the form of help in bike rental, supplying the participants with t-shirts or bike repair tool kits etc. would be more than welcome. See some examples on the Assist page.
The Sponsorship Levels Described
- Single-speed Bike Sponsor – company name and logo inclusion on website, right to use event logos
- City Bike Sponsor – as before + presentation of company on website (text and photo)
- Mountain Bike Sponsor – as before + company name and logo inclusion in eventual brochures and printed programme, visibility during the tour in the form of company logo / signage at pitstops
- Racing Bike Sponsor – as before + visibility during the tour in the form of logo / signage in maintenance car (smaller, size to be determined later)
- BMX Bike Sponsor – as before + visibility during the tour in the form of logo / signage in maintenance car (bigger, size to be determined later)
- Hybrid Bike Sponsor – as before + logos/company name in the streaming videos
Sponsorship levels can be tailored individually to fit your wishes for the visibility during the campaign, starting from EUR 300 to EUR 5000 +. For more detailed information, suggestions, ideas and of course, offers for support, please contact the organisers (jukka(at)cyclingforlibraries dot org).